Prescott Firefighters Charities is a 501(c)3 Tax Exempt Organization dedicated to providing support and assistance to the families of public safety in times of tragedy and emergency.
Tax ID# 26-2524291 Prescott, AZ
Prescott Firefighters Charities was founded in May of 2008.
Firefighters are in a very unique position to reach out to citizens of the community in their time of need. Firefighters can identify the needs of citizens without one word being spoken.
A few years back, during the peak of the monsoon season, Prescott Firefighters responded to a home for a medical call. The firefighters arrived at the home to find that it was raining as much inside the home as outside.
Having witnessed the living conditions of this caller, the firefighters knew something had to be done. On a volunteer basis, in their own time, the firefighters worked to solicit donations of building materials and re-roofed this callers’ home.
In December of 2007, firefighters witnessed a family who lost their home due to a fire. Not only did this family have to deal with the destruction of their home, but the fire occurred shortly before Christmas and all of the presents went up in flames as well.
Feeling compelled to help make the best out of this devastating situation, Prescott Firefighters solicted donations from the public as well as donated funds and items themselves. Collections obtained by the Prescott Firefighters to help,took 4 truck loads to haul.
After the experiences, Prescott Firefighters recognized that there needed to be a group or an organization that could better provide for the needs of our community by raising funds and coordinating charitable events. In May of 2008 the Prescott Firefighters’ Charities was formed.
In June of 2013, the Prescott Fire Department experienced a tragic loss of 19 Arizona Firefighters “The Granite Mountain Hotshots” in a raging wild fire in Yarnell Hill.
The Granite Mountain Hotshot Families and the community were devasted by the tragic loss. In this extreme time of crisis, Prescott Firefighters Charities was able to provide support and assistance the families of these heroes.
PFFC raises funds in efforts to support and assist families who have lost loved ones, to have a positive impact in communities, and to help those in need.
The Prescott Firefighter’s Charities is operated by Prescott Fire Department Firefighters on a volunteer basis.
WAYS TO HELP
Please consider donating to Prescott Firefighter’s Charities.
Regardless if you can give $1 or $10,000, PFFC appreciates it.
Options to Donate:
1. Donate Instantly with PayPal or Credit Card: Use the button below to instantly and securely donate money to the families of our fallen firefighters. We use PayPal to accept payments.
NOTE: All donations are made through PayPal. However, you are not required to have a PayPal account to make a donation. If you have no PayPal account, you can donate with Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express.
2. Donate to the Fund’s Chase Bank Account: You may deposit the funds into the Prescott Firefighter’s Charities’ Hotshot fund account. That info is as follows. Prescott Firefighter’s Charities Granite Mountain Hotshot Fund Account: 2531115654 Compass Bank 923 E. Gurley St Prescott, AZ 86301 Phone: 928-778-3311
3. Mail in Your Donation or Fundraising Proceeds
Please make checks out to: Prescott Firefighter’s Charities
Please mail funds to the following address: Prescott Fire Department Administration ATTN: PFFC Granite Mt. Donations 1700 Iron Springs Rd Prescott, AZ 86305
In addition to donations, PFFC has created a fundraising store, fundraising auctions, and fundraising business sponsorship opportunities in efforts to continue to raise funds for the families and the community.
Please support the Prescott Firefighters Charities in anyway that you can.
Thank you for your support.
Please note: All donations whether through the fundraising store, through the fundraising auctions, through the fundraising business sponsorships, or through donate now buttons are made to a 501c3 Tax Exempt Organization.
PFFC PAST FUNDRAISERS:
- Car Washes
- Annual Horseshoe Tournament
- Design and Sale of Charity and 4th of July Shirts
- Night out Texas Style at Texas Roadhouse
- Tip a Fire Fighter at Red Robin with Raffle
- 125th Anniversary Celebration for The Prescott Fire Department
- Annual Luau at The Old Firehouse Plaza
- Annual Prescott Vette Sette Annual Corvette Car Show
- Donated car seats to the Crisis Pregnancy Center
- Donated funds to the Prescott Fire Honor Guard
- Purchased gifts for children through the Salvation Army’s Angel Tree
- Donated funds to Yavapai Food Bank
- Sponsored under-privileged children to join a bowling league
- Donated funds to The Camp Courage for burn victims
- Helped build a playhouse in conjunction with Make a Wish Foundation
- Helped clean Granite Creek Trail
- Helped set up the pool for The Camp Courage Burn Camp
- Provided car seats for a single mother that had a vehicle fire
- Provided smoke detectors for many residents
- Provided assistance to many families in need