Granite Mountain Hotshots:
The Granite Mountain Hotshots were part of the Prescott Fire Department. Prescott Firefighter’s Charities is the official charity organization for the Prescott Fire Department and the Granite Mountain Hotshots. Our organization spearheaded fundraising drives for the families of the hotshots. We personally helped the families cope with the tragic loss – both financially and spiritually. By “personally” we mean that Prescott Firefighters were right there, in person helping the families. OUR families.
The Prescott Firefighter’s Charities also managed what came after. Funerals, memorials, and ongoing support for the families. Of course, we could not have done so without the INCREDIBLE outpouring of support from people in our community and from all over the world. 100% of proceeds generated in the name of the Granite Mountain Hotshots were donated. The job is not done.
PFFC raises funds in efforts to support and assist firefighter’s families who have lost loved ones. We aim to have a positive impact in communities, and to help those in need. All funds come from people just like you. Please help us continue our work. Start by shopping our store. All proceeds are given back to those who need it.
The Crew of the Granite Mountain Hotshots of 2013
Eric Shane Marsh
Wade Scott Parker
Jesse James Steed
Clayton T. Whitted
The sole survivor. We’re glad you’re still with us Doughnut.
Prescott Firefighter’s Charities
We are the volunteer non-profit arm of the Prescott Fire Department.
Prescott Firefighter’s Charities (PFFC) is a 501 (c) 3 Organization dedicated to providing support and assistance to the families of public safety and the community in times of tragedy and emergency. PFFC is the only official fundraising organization for the Granite Mountain Hotshots and their families. We consistently assist our community with the funds that are raised through our store and at our events.
Past and Ongoing PFFC Impacts:
- Assist the families of AZ first responders killed or injured.
- Donated car seats to the Crisis Pregnancy Center.
- Donated funds to the Prescott Fire Honor Guard.
- Organize area fundraisers for charities.
- Purchased gifts for children through the Salvation Army’s Angel Tree.
- Donated funds and food to Yavapai Food Bank.
- Sponsored under-privileged children to join area organized activities.
- Donated funds to The Camp Courage for burn victims.
- Helped build a playhouse in conjunction with Make a Wish Foundation.
- Helped clean Granite Creek Trail.
- Run The Camp Courage Burn Camp Open for charity fundraising.
- Provide car seats mothers that may struggle to obtain a good one.
- Provide and install smoke detectors for many area residents.
- Provided cash assistance for medical bills for community member who sustained injuries when he drove up on a rollover accident and successfully rescued vehicle occupants prior to first responders arriving.
- Provide assistance to many families in need.
The Legal Stuff:
Granite Mountain Hotshots Logo Use: Unauthorized use of the Granite Mountain Hotshots logo is expressly prohibited. The City of Prescott, Prescott Fire Department, and Prescott Firefighter’s Charities are the only organizations legally authorized for logo use. In rare cases and with prior written permission we might allow an organization to use the logo, or some variant thereof. Violators may be prosecuted. Please report potential unauthorized use.
Counterfeit Merchandise and Fraudulent Fundraisers: Prescott Fire Department and Prescott Firefighter’s Charities are the only authorized organizations representing fundraisers related to the Granite Mountain Hotshots. If you would like to donate, or otherwise support our fundraising efforts, you can do it in any number of ways. Click here for information.